Monday 13 February 2017

KL MTB winter series

After competing in my first winter series and finishing round three to be 18th in the series, I was excited to be hitting round 4 running. From the second round to the fourth I had decided to tweek the bike set up to move away from the trail settings to a more stripped back xc set up. Removing the dropper post and excess weight of massive chunky tyres. Needlesss to say the latter was a massive regret for Sunday's trip around shouldham warren. Conditions were wet in the open and powdery in the undergrowth, so a nice mud tyre might have been a better choice. After approximately a fifth of a lap I noticed my seatpost had come loose and I was now riding with more of a bmx style, than a cross country. Unfortunately I couldn't rectify it so had to retire from possibly the best course I had seen on the series. Alas this is all part and parcel of racing, and leaves me with the desire to come back next year stronger and better prepared for next wint
  Hopefully the next series will see me fitter and stronger with the help of Andy Hampshire at Performance MTB UK coaching over the next year. This coming month also sees me finally take up the opportunity of becoming a Pearl Izumi ambassador. All in all a good start to hopefully a great year on the trails.

Hope are also sending me a replacement bolt free, happy days

No comments:

Post a Comment